How to Choose an Ice Shaver Machine?
Throughout history, various inventions have met our living standards and made our lives easier than ever before. Be it the invention of scissors, tying chains, or the grand invention of a rolling wheel, every creation has led to a new discovery and moved mountains. Ice shaver is yet another splendid invention that has brought the deliciousness of icy treats direct to our taste buds. These machines produce icy treats and act as a perfect addition to your kitchens in summers.
Offering a good medium for cool down, ice shavers come in variety of categories, sizes, efficiencies and shapes. With such a huge plethora of options filling our eyes with confusion, it is easy to fall prey to a faulty appliance. Hence, it becomes vital to chose only the best ice shaving machine available in the market. Before you get down hitting the market stores, there are certain tips to be considered. Let us dig deeper into facts and know how one can choose a faultless ice shaving machine?
- Considering the use and the user–ice shaving machine is an appliance that can be easily operated by variety of people. And given the ease of accessibility, it is more than easier to use the machine with the help of single button press. Hence, it is important to consider who is going to use ice shaver before buying one. The cube ice shaver requires less amount of training and can be used by even kids. The block ice shaver should be used mostly by adults. If you are buying for commercial purpose, you need to consider the amount of shaving ice creams or drinks you need to produce in a single day.
- Consider brands–just like any other appliance, ice shavers are also made by various established and small enterprises. Buying one from popular and reliable brand is a good way to go. Also, machines with appropriate warranty are best suited as far as the quality is concerned.
- The types of ice shavers–there are mostly two types of ice shaving machine available out there-cube block ice shavers and cube ice shavers. If you are buying for commercial purpose, you might love to offer cubed ice creams to your customers. Otherwise, you may go for block ice shavers.
- The availability–ice used in cube shaver machines is almost available everywhere. On the other hand, block ice is hard to find in some parts of the world. Hence buying one that is available in your locality is a preferred option. Also, one can try searching for the desired ice shaver online.
- Operation type-consider the type of operation you want your shaver to perform. On the basis of mobile, full-time or part-time operation, you may choose the shaver with relevant efficiency, power and production capability.
- Why should you buy an ice shaver machine?Ice machines are best used in summers while it’s hot and humid. Only after buying one, you can realize how much more refreshing an iced drink can be with added crushed ice and syrup into it. Ice shavers have gained popularity in the market over the traditional hand ice crusher machines. Since, they are operated electronically, not manually, they are much easier to use.
Nowadays, customers are inventing new drinks that can be made out of an ice shaver machine. These include syrups, cream floats, ice cream mocktails, cocktails, iced smoothies and plenty of other drinks. Adding to the popularity is the variety of sweeteners, flavors and syrups available in the market. With the help of this machine, one can transform a simple chilled glass of drink into a rejuvenating glass of iced shake.
Another reason for buying an ice shaving machine is the introduction of crushers. The new drinks are characterized by addition of crushed ice in lime water, soda or soft drinks. These are very popular and are made by people not only at homes, but at commercial places as well. Food giants are pounding on this invention and are selling billions of crushers every day, energizing everyone with cool iced drinks.
These economically convenient machines have all the necessary things to create gourmet quality shaved ice drinks with the help of a faultless mechanism. And on top of that, the drinks are made in just few seconds. Hence you need not to worry about the time consumed to make drinks with shakers, as in with other meals.
- Different types of ice shaver machines
In general, there are two types of ice shavers.
- Block ice shavers
- Cube ice shavers
Deciding on which type of shavers you want is essential to make your purchase hassle-free. By understanding the pros and cons of both these types, you can easily know your requirements and chose one that fits you in a best way.
The facts that depends on the type of ice shaver machines are:
- Size of the cubes
- Ease of use
- Average consumption
Hence, for finding the machine that is best suited to your needs, you need to understand the difference in block and cube ice shavers in detail.
- Size of cubes used: The foremost difference is the type of cubes used by both of these. Ice cubes shaver use bagged ice while block ones use blocked ice. The ice used in block ice shaver should temper to the correct temperature.
- Size of ice produced: Coming to the sizes of the ice particles, the cube shaver product fine and fluffy ice while the block shaver gives fine and soft particles of ice that resembles snow.
- Availability of ice in the market: ice for cube shaver is almost readily available in general stores, grocery shops and convenience houses. It can easily be bought at ice houses as well. Ice for block shaver is not always readily available. A god way to obtain ice is to look for an ice wholesaler and purchasing the ice molds. One can also freeze his own ice to be used in block ice shaver.
- Time taken for production: cube shaver shaves ice in an instant of time. it is quick and easy to use. Block shavers are also known for shaving ice quite quickly. The operation also plays an important part in the time taken for the production of ice.
- Ice cost: ice for cube shavers is cheap as it is easily available locally. The location might lead to the variety in the price ranges. Prices can also vary on the basis of size of bags you are buying. In the case of block ice shaver, the ice wholesaler can really make you loosen your pockets. Since it is rare, ice can be expensive. However, a good way out is to freeze and use your own ice moulds at home.
- Ease of use: cube shavers are pretty easy to use. Operation can be learnt by employees and all family members. Cube shavers are also easy to use but learning to use their functions can take some time for certain individuals. Employees might take time to learn the operation, especially in large sized shavers.
- The USPs: both shavers have their own USPs and are suited to various individuals. The main highlight of cube shavers is that it shaves ice very quickly and needs minimal training before use. The USPs for block ice is that it gives out really smooth ice that we have always dreamt to touch in the form of snow.
Checklist for buying an ice shaver machine
Buying an ice shaver can solve the purpose of making iced drinks at home with various sizes and forms of ice in it. In an instant, you can feel the magic of snow traveling down your throat and giving you a breezy feeling countering hot summers. So, gear up and make your first purchase this summer in the form of a brilliant ice shaving matching. Here is the checklist for you:
- Start searching online for the best ice shavers available in the market. One can take a look at the pros and cons of various models online. The online graphical representation and video tutorials give a good idea on using the appliances with care and fun.
- Make sure that the ice shaver machine is easy to operate and intended for the desired use.
- Know which one is best suited for you. Chose amongst the two options and then devise a list of reasons to go for it. If you want it for family use, you may take advice from your family members. If buying it for commercial purpose, check the need of the output and production.
- Check if the brand you are going with, offers warranty or not with the machine. Go for one that offers warranty along with a reliable customer support. A standard warranty of 1 year is normally a good option to go with.
- Ask for referrals from friends, colleagues and acquaintances. This will give you an honest review about the ice shaver you are planning to buy. One can also surf on internet to find actual customer reviews who bought the shaver online.
- Check the availability of ice in your location. It also depends on the type of shaver you are choosing.
- Search for top brands selling reliable products. Always go for brands that are popular for quality service and built quality. Brands that specialize only in manufacture of shavers can be a preferred option than ones who manufacture all electronic appliances.
- Always buy shaver from an authorized showroom. If you are not able to find one in your locality, you can try ordering it online. Make sure that the product you are ordering comes under buyer’s protection policy and is available with guarantee and return option.
- Ensure that when you bring the machine home, it should not be difficult to find an exact spot for it. Try deciding its spot first and then go for the purchase.
- Mind the cleanliness of your shaver. Generally, shavers comprise of different parts assembled together. Hence, they should be easy to clean. Always clean with clear water and use hot water for stain.
- Make sure that the shaver comes with proper manual and instructions on use. It would be really beneficial if the vendor allows for a demo class or is willing to send an executive to your home demonstrating the working of the shaver.
- Avoid buying ice shavers that come with different flavors or syrups. It is usually a company strategy to attract customers. However, the build quality and working efficiency of these shavers are not up to the mark.
- Keep in mind the vendor through which you are buying the shaver. Often, medic ores take their commission and increase the price for customers. Buying directly from the manufacturer is always recommended.
- Always read the manual for precautions to be taken while using the shaver. There are certain conditions under which shavers should not be used. These include
- Not using oversized ice
- Keeping shaver away from windows or doors
- Keeping it in moderate temperature
- Not using chemicals for cleaning the appliance
- The syrups or flavors used in the shaver should also be of good quality.
Everyone loves drinks in summer. And when they are united with ice cubes or crushed ice, the experience becomes far more relaxing and rejuvenating. Ice shaver machines are modern-day miracles of food equipment industry that are making our summers cooler and better. Ice shavers are durable, inexpensive and efficient machines that are easy to handle and operate.
These machines are even easier to clean and maintain. With keeping above points in mind, one can easily go for a good purchase and make his whole family reap the benefits of iced drinks. That said, we expect you to start searching your options and get down to the buying process of this marvelous appliance. From making ice blocks and sipping in crushed iced juices to making regular drinks and experimenting with new ones an ice shaver will have you covered in every task.